The United States requires that non-US citizens need a Visa to work and live here. Non-US citizen employees will need to obtain a Visa in order to work in the US.

Often, international companies assist their employees in obtaining a Visa, but determining which visa suits the needs of your company is critical.

A foreign company seeking to expand into the U.S. will often need to transfer managers, executives, or specialized employees to the U.S. to establish the business, expand operations, or serve in specialized positions. To transfer foreign employees to the U.S. (or to hire foreign nationals already in the U.S.), the company must seek a non-immigrant visa for the employee.

The United States Department of State & Bureau of Consular Affairs has a great deal of information, and a trusted immigration law firm can also help you navigate the increasingly complex U.S. immigration system.

Next up, learn about setting up a bank account for your business.